Maria Zedda – Disability and Equality Expert, Trainer and Keynote Speaker
Maria Zedda has delivered disability equality training to non-profit, corporate, and retail organizations since 2001, and has over 10 years experience working with employers in the US, UK and Italy to provide job-coaching and life-skills management to disabled workers and job-seekers.
Maria Zedda has helped organizations implement disability-friendly policies in compliance with the DDA (in UK) and the ADA (in the USA), while advocating and delivering disability issues research and awareness training for in-house staff. Maria has acted as a Disability Equality Issues consultant to employers such as: Aetna, Charles Schwab, Wells’ Fargo, Safeway and Bank of America.
Her experience running community-based projects for people with disabilities and her own personal experience of being severely deaf has motivated her to focus her skills increasing awareness, integration and inclusion of people with disabilities by delivering effective training to service providers.
Speaking topics include:
- Employers: Unlocking the potential of employees with disabilities.
- Recruiting employees with disabilities.
- Disability Equality Duty (DED) training for Line Managers and HR Managers.
- Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) for Line Managers, HR Managers, Directors.
- Disability Awareness & Equality for Front Line Staff: Receptionists, Social Workers, Secretaries, Personal Assistants