David Rowan is the founding Editor-in-Chief of UK edition of WIRED magazine 2009 – 2017.
He is the author of the Amazon No. 1 business bestseller Non-Bullshit Innovation: Radical Ideas from the World’s Smartest Minds, a global quest for bold corporate innovation in the face of technology-led disruption. The book sets out sixteen proven strategies for future-proofing a successful business — helping leaders build resilience in a post-COVID-19 world.
David has been a technology columnist in The Sunday Times, GQ, The Times, Conde Nast Traveller, and Campaign.
Furthermore, Rowan hosts the tech podcast series ‘Walks with Founders‘.
Watch David discuss ‘Innovation after the coronavirus crisis’
Formerly Editor-in-Chief of WIRED (UK), Rowan has interviewed hundreds of the world’s most cutting-edge entrepreneurs.
As a leading journalist, he has edited everything from The Guardian’s website to The Jewish Chronicle.
David Rowan travels the world meeting the entrepreneurs and innovators creating the future — from the Silicon Valley founders of Google and WhatsApp to the entrepreneurs building world-changing technology businesses in China
David is also a prolific technology-start-up investor and advisor, with 50 investments to date.
He is co-founder of FlowJourneys.com, which takes amazing people for weekend adventures in the world’s most extraordinary locations.
David Rowan – Technology Keynote Speaker
David travels the globe delivering speeches widely on topics ranging from the future of luxury brands to the new rules of business in a mobile-internet age.
He deconstructs tech trends in real time, unpacking how major innovations like artificial intelligence, quantum computing, autonomous vehicles, and more, are changing businesses and consumers.
He focuses on how technology-led innovation can build prosperity even in economic downturns and amid the COVID-19 crisis. He delivers fascinating and knowledgeable presentations full of insight into the future of technology together with lively examples and engaging video clips which reveal that, in some cases, the future is already here.
He makes the rapid advances in technology comprehensible to a wider audience.
David explains how the tech-led disruption he is seeing will impact all sorts of sectors (from manufacturing to motoring), and what incumbent companies can do to protect themselves.
A brilliant story-teller, his presentations help businesses comprehend these changes in such a way as to allow them to use them to their advantage.
- Finding opportunity amid the crisis: Technology offers hope for optimism as we emerge from the coronavirus crisis.
- Ten Lessons from the Non-Bullshit Innovators.
- Ten trends that are transforming your business in the next decade.
- How to make your organisation more creative.
- Why Africa is the world’s greatest entrepreneurial opportunity.
- How the internet is re-inventing government as a technology platform.
- The disruptive forces re-shaping the finance industry.
- What technology means for the future of design.
- How to survive and prosper in an age of disruption.
- How brands are making the most of mobile.
- Future opportunities in e-commerce.
- Let technology free you to innovate.
- How smart companies are innovating
- Technology impact on financial services
- How artificial intelligence can boost (not destroy) your business
- Why the world will never move this slowly again.
- How to profit from digital disruption
- Future of the workplace
- How will emerging technologies affect insurance/recruitment/agriculture/motoring/travel/healthcare?
- New business models that are redefining industries
- The future of the customer experience
- Lessons from my global quest for non-bullshit innovation
- How to create a culture of innovation
David is also a popular conference facilitator who is very experienced in conducting live on-stage interviews.