David Rowan is the founding Editor-in-Chief of the UK edition of WIRED magazine 2009 – 2017.
David is today’s leading speaker on how emerging technologies will impact business — and how leaders should prepare now.
He’s delivered over 600 keynote speeches worldwide. An experienced moderated, he’s also hosted events for the World Economic Forum, global organisations and governments.
As founding Editor-in-Chief of WIRED in the UK, David came to know the founders of WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Google, Spotify, Twitter and countless other ambitious startups from Tel Aviv to Shenzhen.
“The team was blown away, and they are a hard group to impress!”
His best-selling book, “Non-Bullshit Innovation: 17 Proven Ways To Transform How You Work” (Penguin), is a 20-country quest to identify genuine innovation in the face of technology-led disruption. The book outlines 17 proven strategies for future-proofing a successful business — from “Turn products into services” to “Build an ecosystem”.
David spends his time at tech’s cutting edge, visiting university research labs and startup clusters to meet the people building the future.
Furthermore, he’s invested in over 150 early-stage tech companies and runs venture funds investing in health and climate tech.
In addition to WIRED, David has been a technology columnist for The Times, GQ, Condé Nast Traveller, and The Sunday Times.
David Rowan – Technology Keynote Speaker
David travels the globe, delivering speeches on topics ranging from the future of luxury brands to the new business rules in a mobile-internet age.
He deconstructs tech trends in real time, unpacking how major innovations like artificial intelligence, quantum computing, and autonomous vehicles change businesses and consumers.
He makes the rapid advances in technology understandable to a broader audience.
David explains how tech-led disruption will impact many sectors and what incumbent companies can do to protect themselves.
A brilliant storyteller, his presentations help businesses comprehend these changes, allowing them to use them to their advantage.
Popular speaking themes include:
- Why this is AI’s “Netscape moment” — and what that means for your business.
- How to understand the impact of ChatGPT and other generative AI tools.
- What exponential technologies mean for the next five years in retail/real estate/finance/media/insurance/healthcare, etc.
- What a 20-country quest taught me about building an authentic culture of innovation.
- What carbon accounting will mean for every business.
- Where AI, data analytics and blockchain should fit into your strategic planning.
- What talent wants in the new world of work.
- Why purpose plus profit is the new business mantra
- AI may be the future — but what does it mean for your business today?
- What AI means for the data centre
- How exponential tech could impact aviation cybersecurity
Furthermore, David is a popular conference facilitator experienced in conducting live on-stage interviews.
To check availability and fee or book technology speaker David Rowan, please get in touch with us and speak with an agent for David.