David Rowan is Editor-at-Large & founding editor of UK edition of WIRED magazine.
David also a technology column in The Sunday Times, and contributes to publications including GQ, The Times, The Guardian, Conde Nast Traveller, and Campaign.
Formerly Editor-in-Chief of WIRED (UK), Rowan has interviewed hundreds of the world’s most cutting-edge entrepreneurs.
As a leading journalist, he has edited everything from The Guardian’s website to The Jewish Chronicle.
David is also a prolific technology-start-up investor and advisor, with 40 investments to date.
He is co-founder of FlowJourneys.com, which takes amazing people for weekend adventures in the world’s most extraordinary locations.
David Rowan – Keynote Speaker
David travels the globe delivering speeches widely on topics ranging from the future of luxury brands to the new rules of business in a mobile-internet age.
He makes the rapid advances in technology comprehensible to a wider audience.
David explains how the tech-led disruption he is seeing will impact all sorts of sectors (from manufacturing to motoring), and what incumbent companies can do to protect themselves.
A brilliant story-teller, his presentations help businesses comprehend these changes in such a way as to allow them to use them to their advantage.
Each bespoke speech is rich in concrete takeaways and contain lively case studies, video clips, engaging images, and fast-paced energy.
David’s recent speaking topics have included:
- Ten trends that are transforming your business in the next decade.
- How to make your organisation more creative.
- Why Africa is the world’s greatest entrepreneurial opportunity.
- How the internet is re-inventing government as a technology platform.
- The disruptive forces re-shaping the finance industry.
- What technology means for the future of design.
- How to survive and prosper in an age of disruption.
- How brands are making the most of mobile.
- Future opportunities in e-commerce.
- Let technology free you to innovate.
- How smart companies are innovating
- Technology impact on financial services
- How artificial intelligence can boost (not destroy) your business
- Why the world will never move this slowly again.
- Future of the workplace
- How will emerging technologies affect insurance/ the legal industry/ motoring/ travel/ healthcare?
- New business models that are redefining industries
- The future of the customer experience
David is also a popular conference facilitator who is very experienced in conducting live on-stage interviews.