Magnus Lindkvist is a trendspotting futurologist.
He weaves together current trends to forecast what life, society and business might look like in the future.
Magnus’ superb timing, storytelling and often politically incorrect humour, keep global audiences laughing and talking well after his talk ends.
He’s delivered over one thousand speeches to everyone from Fortune 500 CEOs and civil servants in the Middle East, plus many others looking to be inspired and enlightened by trendspotting and future-thinking.
As a writer, Lindkvist is driven by a relentless curiosity about our mental space where the outside world collides with the human brain.
His book Minifesto (2016) tells us why small ideas matter in the world of grand narratives. By sharing a vision of the future, we can strive to surround ourselves with as many strange, conflicting ideas that we can, to immerse ourselves in future possibilities and possible futures.
Other books by Magnus include:
- The Future Book: 40 Ways to Future-Proof Your Work and Life
- Everything We Know is Wrong: The Trend Spotters Handbook
- The Attack of the Unexpected: A Guide to Surprises and Uncertainty
- When the Future Begins: A Guide to Long-Term Thinking
Magnus has an MSc in Business and Economics from Stockholm School of Economics and a degree in film production from UCLA. As a result, he weaves together the worlds of quantitative insights with the imaginative storytelling of Hollywood.
Delegates often describe his talks as ‘shows’ or ‘performances’. Magnus calls them ‘intellectual acupuncture’ with the expressed intention of changing our minds with needles of insight, examples and observations.
Magnus has received numerous awards for his presentations and books. However, the best acclaim was provided by an HR director in the UK who said ‘Magnus Lindkvist is the best Swedish export since ABBA and meatballs.’
Magnus Lindkvist’s speaking topics include:
- Trendspotting and Futurology – How to think ahead and understand a chaotic, uncertain and global world
- Future Possibilities and Possible Futures – A megatrend safari
- Darwinnovation – How to be innovative in a global, uncertain world
- The Attack of The Unexpected – Thinking Ahead in Turbulent Times