Danny Crates is a Paralympic Gold Medalist.
After losing his right arm in a horrific accident at just 21 years old, Danny was determined to overcome this huge hurdle, focus on the future and regain his positive mental attitude.
Danny’s drive and determination saw him return to the rugby field within six months. Furthermore, shortly after, Danny entered into Paralympic sport, quickly dominating and subsequently winning Gold in the men’s 800 metres at the Athens 2004 Paralympic Games.
During 2004, Danny also set a new world record.
It was the highlight of a glittering international career that saw Danny win every major title in the sport, including the World Championships, European Championships and Paralympic World Cup.
Danny’s Sporting Achievements include:
- Paralympic World Cup 2007 800m, Gold
- World Championships 2006 800m, Gold
- Paralympic World Cup 2006 800, Gold
- European Championships 2005 800m, Gold
- Paralympic World Cup 2005 800m, Silver
- Athens Paralympic Games 2004 800m, Gold
- World Record Holder 2004 800m
- European Champion 2003 800m, Gold
- World Indoor Championships 2003 800m, Gold
- European Championships 2001 400m, Gold
- Sydney Paralympic Games, 2000 400m, Bronze
- British BT Open, 1999 400m, Gold
- British BT Open, 1999 200m, Gold
- Paralympics Revival, 1999 200m, Gold
- German National Championships, 1999 400m, Gold
- World Championships, 1998 400m, Finalist
- World Championships, 1998 4x400m, Silver
Since retiring from international athletics, Danny has built a solid reputation as a leading motivational speaker.
Alongside his speaking, Danny is a Personal Performance coach, facilitating individuals and teams to unlock their true potential.
He is also a regular on TV, presenting on significant sporting events such as the Paralympics and World Darts Championships, as well as factual programmes for the BBC including three consecutive series of BBC Food: Truth or Scare.
Danny was also a contestant on Celebrity MasterChef reaching the quarterfinals.
Danny Crates – Motivational Speaker
A master storyteller, Danny has been delivering speeches for nearly two decades.
His presentations are dynamic with warmth and humour. He quickly captivates and engages with his audience.
Delegates are motivated and inspired to achieve their goals and targets both personally and professionally.
Danny tailors each presentation for his audience and transfers his Paralympic success into achievable and measurable results for delegates, whether it be overcoming hurdles, change management, optimising personal performance and excellence, goal setting, incremental gain, teamwork or building exceptional results from failure.
His presentations are built around his “5 Key Elements to Success” which resonates with every department within a business or team.