Isaac Kenyon is a Record-Breaking British eco-adventurer.
At under 30 yrs old, Isaac relates to future generations. He holds many world records in endurance adventure sports, which in the outdoor industry is rare at such an age.
A professional geologist and philanthropic, Isaac pursues extraordinarily difficult environments to grow by pushing his limits in discomfort.
He is an expert in assembling high-performance teams to overcome adverse challenges, which have included:
- Completing a relay swim across the English Channel (no wetsuit) – hailed as one of the world’s most difficult open water swims.
- Summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro in 4 days fighting altitude sickness.
- Breaking the World and British records for the lightweight longest solo continual indoor rowing machine row (83 hours with no sleep).
- Rowed in a team across the Atlantic Ocean in 40 days through dangerous storms and 20-foot-high harsh seas.
- Isaac is the first to cycle from Orkney to the Isles of Scilly over sea and land (yes, that is cycling over the sea) in 14 days.
- He is the first to continuously run 218km between the three highest peaks in north, mid and south Wales (Mt. Snowdon, Cadir Idris and Pen-y-Fan) over four days.
“Huge thanks for this team-building talk, Isaac! Incredibly inspiring as I knew you would be. The team is very energised and ready to take on COP26!”
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
As an environmentalist, Isaac Kenyon is passionate about protecting the Earth and holds two degrees in Geoscience (BSc and MSc).
Isaac seeks to make a positive difference to the planet in search of climate solutions. He founded ‘Climate Explorers,’ a future B Corporation. An award-winning media house, Climate Explorers are dedicated to uncovering climate solutions to scale up the restoration of the planet’s ecosystems through a combination of public awareness to drive behavioural change and funding for the environment.
Isaac has lived experience with mental health. He has overcome his issues, leading him to become a mental health campaigner.
Isaac is trained in mental health peer support and mental health first aid.
As a trustee of MIND, Isaac is well-versed in inclusive management, diversity, and leadership in mental health. Isaac has used a TED talk to share how nature-based activities and regular exercise are vital for good mental health and strives to create a platform which encourages a healthy lifestyle balance by reconnecting with nature and learning through the challenge.
Isaac Kenyon – Inspirational Speaker:
Motivation and Team Work topics:
- Finding a team’s common goal and why it improves teamwork and conflict management, thinking three steps ahead, the art of appreciation, communication, trust & creating connections to create a high-performing team.
- Purpose understanding your true values and setting goals that are directed with a clear vision of those values.
- How to start? Preparation – Failure to prepare, then prepare to fail, five fundamentals of preparing and how to get them right.
- Adapting to change (good and bad) through sharing life experiences through adventure and business. Leadership in times of difficulty.
Mental Health and Wellbeing topics:
- Mental Well-being topics facilitated by outdoors, signposting and ways to support mental health in the workplace.
- The art of resilience through facing adversity and surmounting challenges and techniques to deal with this.
Environment and Climate Change topics:
- Eco-Storytelling & Climate Solutions Discussion on how to make small changes to make your business more sustainable, climate-resilient, and adaptable.
- Convincing stakeholders to replicate and scale sustainable businesses.
Isaac Kenyon is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society of London, a Fellow of the Geological Society of London and a Trustee for the mental health charity – MIND.