Owen O’Kane is a Mental Health Clinical Lead for the NHS with a dual medical and psychotherapy background.
His best-selling book Ten to Zen, teaches a ten minute daily ‘mind workout’ for better mental wellbeing.
It has been translated into six languages and sold in 7 international territories, including the United States and Russia.
Owen believes healthy mental wellbeing influences every part of an individual’s life. His approach is fresh, innovative and unique.
His presentations are grounded in expertise, experience and a solid knowledge of what works for people.
Above everything, Owen believes that you can only inspire people to make changes in their life if you are passionate about your subject.
Why Owen O’Kane?
Owen has a down to earth, engaging and “no fluff” approach to mental health.
He is passionate about helping people achieve happier, calmer lives. He leaves audiences curious, positively challenged and eager to make changes in their lives.
- He has 2 degrees and is trained in 4 disciplines of mental health therapy
- He has a private practice, working with high profile clients.
- He is a Clinical Lead for an NHS Mental Health Trust in London
- He has worked with many famous brands, including Virgin Atlantic and BBC Worldwide
- He appears regularly in the national press and media discussing good mental health
Owen O’Kane – Mental Health Keynote Speaker
Owen’s style is warm, engaging and fun, managing to capture everyone in the room and make his subject relevant to them.
He avoids jargon and academia but is not afraid to support his work with research and innovative science.
Furthermore, he is humorous in his delivery and recognises the importance of laughter as a way to help make sense of our minds and our humanity.
Owen’s primary aim is to wake people up to the importance of mind maintenance and the richness of good mental health.
Delegates are always keen to talk to Owen at the end of his presentations, eager to understand more about how good mental wellbeing can improve every aspect of their lives.
Speaking topics include:
- Understand How and Why Stress Impacts Your Life
- Key Ten to Zen Techniques
- New Principles for Living
- Reclaiming Your Life