Hayley Barnard specialises in Diversity & Inclusion, Unconscious Bias and Effective Communication.
Hayley and her company have developed and delivered Diversity & Inclusion, Unconscious Bias and Effective Communications training and programmes for companies such as Asda, HSBC, Travis Perkins and Tesco.
Barnard is a compelling and engaging communicator, with work previously published in The Times and Hello!
A communications expert, Hayley worked in internal and external business communications for over 17 years.
With a specialism in strategy development, communication planning and execution, Hayley’s passion is to help improve inclusiveness, reduce inequality and bring competitive advantage to organisations through the progression and delivery of innovative Diversity & Inclusion strategies.
In 2015, Hayley was a member of the LeasePlan Women’s Arctic Challenge. Along with her sister Debra Searle MBE, Hayley, worked with LeasePlan to develop this expedition to convey the gender balance issue and challenge unconscious bias within their company.
Hayley Barnard – Keynote Speaker:
An experienced Unconscious Bias speaker, Inclusion and Effective Communication trainer, Hayley tackles issues surrounding these topics with humour, ensuring that her ideas have real value for audiences’ working lives.
Biased – who me?
For enabling employees to reach and understand their potential. A culture of inclusivity, which allows staff to be themselves at work is essential. Yet why is that so hard?
Using stories and anecdotes, Hayley explains the science behind unconscious bias – both positive and negative bias – and why balance in the workplace is a necessity.
- What is unconscious bias?
- Why and how we are all biased.
- Positive and negative bias and it’s role in the workplace.
- How to recognize your own bias.
- How to overcome your own bias.
- How to be an inclusive manager/leader.
Developing leaders to be more inclusive in their leadership and management style is essential for significant progress in diversity and inclusion.
Using inspiring ‘best practice’ stories and anecdotes, combined with the latest research, Hayley will cover:
- How D&I can help drive business results
- How D&I can be a crucial driver of one’s leadership style.
- What does inclusive leadership look like?
- How you can shape, take control of, and be a role model for your organisation’s D&I strategy.
- How to hold yourself and others accountable to meet diversity goals.
- The value of ‘difference’
The Science of Female Corporate Promotion
With the possibility of female-board-member quotas being enforced on business, companies are increasingly having to work hard to ensure they have a channel of women to senior level.
In this keynote speech, Hayley explains what we know about what helps women get to board level and how organisations and women can shape that into their career planning.
- Gender Balance – a critical business issue.
- Inclusive Leadership
- Stemming the leaky pipeline
- Differences between male and female employee motivation and attitudes to promotion.
- Highlighting best practice and women at the top.