Martin Roberts is a respected TV presenter and journalist best known for presenting ‘Homes Under the Hammer’.
For over 25 years he has appeared on BBC TV and Radio, ITV, CNN and SKY TV.
He was a regular presenter on ITV’s top rated travel show ‘Wish You Were Here..?’ for 8 years. He was also the travel editor of ‘Woman’ magazine for 15 years.
For over 15 years, Martin Roberts has written and presented the hit BBC property auction show ‘Homes under the Hammer’, which is shown on BBC1, BBC Worldwide and UKTV Home.
On this popular show, Martin follows the progress and offers advice to buyers purchasing a property via auction.
As a result, Martin is a respected UK and Overseas Property expert. He provides expert comment on programmes such as BBC Breakfast, BBC News 24, the Jeremy Vine Show and BBC Radios 2, 4 & 5 Live.
Away from property, in November 2016, Martin was a contestant on I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!
Watched nightly by over 12 million viewers, his hatred of beans and rice, love of trees and talcum powder, coupled with his fun, engaging and spirited character made him very popular with the viewing public. He ended in sixth place, surviving all but two days in camp.
Martin also has his own property show ‘Gazumped with Martin Roberts’ on talkRADIO.
The radio show delivers features on the property market, home improvements, celebrity and dream houses, the latest trends in décor, garden design and lots more.
Furthermore, he has been a guest presenter on Radio 2 in the Jeremy Vine slot from 12 – 2 pm, presenting a DIY special, answering listeners questions live, and chatting to celebrity guests.
Martin has been a celebrity contestant on a number of hit TV formats including:
- Celebrity Mastermind
- Ready Steady Cook
- Through the Keyhole
- Hole in the Wall
As a best-selling author, his books include:
- Making Money from Property
- The Property Auction Guide
- The Villes (series of books for children) including a dedicated version – Sadsville – in support of the NSPCC and Childline.
Aside from property, Martin Roberts has a number of interests and passions including:
- Travel – previously a presenter of ‘Wish You Were Here…?
- Skiing – An annual family pleasure
- Wine – A weekly ‘Martin’ pleasure
- DIY and Property Renovation – obviously! Martin does ‘walk the talk’ as well.
- Remote Control models, Model Making and Kits
- Camping and caravanning and general outdoors
- Antiques and collectibles – vintage toys especially
- Watches – Martin has his own, personal collection
- Health and Happiness – Martin organises an annual public exhibition dedicated to this subject.
- Live music – definitely a passion – he’s in a band!
Off-screen, Martin Roberts is a popular awards host, guest speaker and auctioneer.
As a speaker, Martin can deliver presentations ranging from up to the minute property market analysis through to humorous ‘behind the scenes’ anecdotes.