Kriss Akabusi MBE is an Olympian, Presenter and one of the best Motivational Speakers in the U.K.
Kriss’ greatest individual triumph was his Gold Medal in the 1990 European Championships, beating David Hemery’s 22-year-old British Record.
In 1983, Akabusi made his international debut as a member of the British 4×400 metre relay squad. However, Kriss is probably best known for helping the British team win Gold, beating the Americans in the 1991 World Championships 4×400 metre relay in Tokyo.
In 1992, as an Olympic medallist, World, European and Commonwealth Champion, Kriss was awarded an MBE in recognition of his services to the country through athletics.
- Bronze – 1992 in the 400 metres Relay in Barcelona
- Bronze – 1992 in the 400m Hurdles in Barcelona
- Silver – 1984 in the 4x400m Relay in Los Angeles
- Gold – 1991 in the 4x400m Relay in Tokyo (with Roger Black, Derek Redmond and John Regis)
- Bronze medal – 1991 in the 400m Hurdles in Tokyo
- Silver – 1987 in the 4x400m in Rome
- Gold – 1990 in the 4x400m Relay in Split
- Gold – 1990 in the 400m Hurdles in Split
- Gold – 1990 in the 400m Hurdles in Auckland
Before being an athlete, Kriss was in the military. He enrolled in the Army in 1975 as a trainee data telegraphist. Following a successful career in the Royal Corps of Signals in 1981, Kriss switched to the Army Physical Training Corps. He completed three tours of duty with various battalions.
In 1990 he was discharged into the reserves with an exemplary record as a Warrant Officer Class 2.
Kriss’ first break into television came in 1993 when he co-presented Channel 4’s The Big Breakfast. As a result, Kriss became a co-presenter on BBC1’s Record Breakers. The show introduced him to a generation of viewers, making him a household name.
Kriss regularly appears on various radio and television programmes, discussing topics ranging from sport to business.
Furthermore, he is a regular contributor to the Sky News Paper Review.
Kriss Akabusi Motivational Speaking:
As a Motivational Speaker, Kriss speaks around the acronym F.I.T. – Focus, Innovation and Teamwork.
With a mixture of humour, stories, and bags of high energy, you cannot fail to be motivated and inspired!
Kriss’ inspirational story is guaranteed to fire up delegates, leaving the audience on a high, ready to deliver success.
As a result, audience members will be motivated to be the best they can be through topics such as:
- Setting a Vision.
- Overcoming Hurdles.
- Goal Setting
- Adapting to and Managing Change
- Achieve Outstanding Results with Creativity and Innovation
Please get in touch to book Kriss Akabusi aka Chris Akabusi for a keynote presentation and workshop, adverts, media opportunities and brand partnerships.