Kate Russell is a technology journalist, reporter and author.
Kate has been reviewing and writing about all things tech and the internet since 1995.
On television, Kate has been a regular reporter on the BBC technology programme Click, alongside Spencer Kelly.
She also writes a ‘Tech Traveller’ column for National Geographic Traveller magazine.
As an author, her first book ‘Working the Cloud’ delivered a collection of online tips, tricks and resources for small businesses, start-ups and entrepreneurs.
Kate has since written a number of novels in the sci-fi/fantasy genre.
Keynote Speaker and Conference Host:
An award-winning tech expert, Kate Russell is a popular female technology keynote speaker and conference host.
She speaks at corporate conferences, digital strategy and policy meetings, as well as lecturing in educational establishments inspiring the next generation of technologists.
A champion of all things Tech, Digital and STEM, Kate’s keynote speaking topics include:
- Women in Tech
- Diversity/Gender Bias in the Technology Industry
- Crowd funding (with 2 successful Kickstarter campaigns under her own belt)
- Identity, Trust, Security and Consent in a Digital World
- Influencer Marketing
- Digital Transformation
- The Past/Future of tech and its Impact on Business (Futurology)
- AI/Robotics and the influence on Commerce/Customer Service/Engagement.
- Generation Z
- Cybercrime and Data protection
Kate Russell has been featured as ‘One of the Top 50 most Influential Women in UK IT’ by Computer Weekly magazine for the last two years. She has also won the UK Blog Awards ‘Best Individual Technology’ blog.