Jason Manford is one of the UK’s leading Stand-Up Comedians.
Based in the North West, Manford started his comedy career aged 17 as a glass collector at Manchester’s longest running comedy club ‘The Buzz‘.
After an act didn’t turn up one night, Jason offered to step in, and went on to perform a very promising set in front of a demanding audience.
Then, after only five weeks and four gigs, he won the prestigious North West Comedian of the Year Award, previously won by Caroline Aherne, Johnny Vegas and Peter Kay.
After winning several smaller awards, Jason was nominated for the Perrier Award in Edinburgh in 2005 for his show ‘Urban Legends‘.
He made his first major television appearance as a guest on the Channel 4 panel show, 8 out of 10 Cats, presented by Jimmy Carr, he was on Dave Spikey’s team alongside Piers Morgan, and would later go on to replace Dave Spikey as Team Captain in 2007 and continued in the role until 2011.
Jason has since appeared on most of the UK’s most popular variety and comedy shows including:
- The Royal Variety Performance
- Channel 4’s Comedy Gala
- The Comedy Annual 2010
- Would I Lie to You
- Odd One In
- Have I Got News For You
- Duck Quacks Don’t Echo
- Lip Sync Battle Comedy Central
- Sunday Night At The Palladium
- John Bishop’s Christmas Show
- The Jonathan Ross Show
- Room 101
- Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow
- 2006 Chortle Best Breakthrough Act – Winner
- North West Comedian of the Year – Winner
- Leicester Mercury Comedian of the Year – Winner
- 2005 Perrier Award – Nominee
- BBC Comedy Awards – Semi-Finalist
- So You Think You’re Funny? – Finalist
- Manchester Evening News Theatre Award for Comedy – Nominee
- Manchester Theatre Awards – Nominee
As an actor, Jason has appeared on stage in:
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
- The Producers
- Sweeney Todd
As a television presenter, Jason has hosted his own comedy variety show ‘Comedy Rocks’ and ‘Show Me The Funny’ both on ITV1.
He has also hosted BBC1’s ‘Live at the Apollo’ and ‘The Money Pit‘ on the Dave channel.
Between Jan 2007 and May 2008, Jason hosted the radio breakfast show on XFM Manchester. He currently presents ‘The Jason Manford Show‘ each Sunday morning on Absolute Radio.
Jason Manford has a warm and natural stage presence, and his act is a friendly one.
Jason is naturally funny and has a strong and original set, with wry observations and a genuine respect for the old comedy greats.