Ben Hunt-Davis MBE is an Olympic Rowing Gold Medalist, Motivational Speaker and Performance Coach.
Ben rowed for Great Britain competing at six World Championships and three Olympic Games.
The highlight of his rowing career came after a decade in the national team when he won an Olympic Gold Medal at the Sydney Olympics. His crew were the first British winners of the event since 1912.
As a motivational speaker and coach, Ben Hunt-Davis has worked with various sports teams including the British Olympic Association, the England Women’s Rugby Team and several individual sportsmen and women.
He was an ambassador for the London 2012 bid and is involved in the management and administration of rowing as a member of The Amateur Rowing Association Council and a Steward of Henley Royal Regatta.
“Will It Make the Boat Go Faster?”
This question helped Ben raise his game and row his way to success in Sydney 2000.
What is your business equivalent? What are your critical variables? Are your challenges to get your sales team having the courage to operate at the highest level? Or is it about helping your business deal with change more efficiently?
Ben has worked with a wide range of businesses, helping them answer these questions. In his keynote speech, he tells the inspirational and exciting story of how:
- After seven years competing in the national team, Ben was still a long way from winning any World Medals.
- He tells of how things had to change, and there could be no excuses.
- He and the team set their ambitions and started looking for different ways to achieve them, defining absolutely everything that could make the boat go faster.
- They changed their mindset, their approach and their training and as a result, their performance.
Ben’s story of the journey to an Olympic Gold Medal bridges the gap between just listening to how others achieve their goals and doing it yourself.
His experience as a business coach has allowed him great insight into the corporate world.
Ben uses his story to significant effect, explaining not only how he achieved his goals but how others can as achieve theirs.
Ben Hunt-Davis Speaking Topics:
- Continuous Improvement
- Taking Responsibility
- Team Work
- Learning from One’s Mistakes
- Goal Setting
- Self Belief and Motivation
- The Need to Take Action