Kriss Akabusi MBE is an Olympian, Presenter, Author and one of the best Motivational Speakers in the UK.
Kriss is famous for his achievements in athletics where his greatest individual triumph was his Gold Medal in the 1990 European Championships when he also beat David Hemery’s 22 year old British Record.
Akabusi’s international career began in 1983 as a member of the 4×400 metre relay squad where he will always be remembered for helping Britain clinch the Gold and beat the Americans in the 1991 World Championships 4×400 metre relay in Tokyo.
In 1992 as 3 x Olympic medallist, World, European and Commonwealth Champion, Kriss Akabusi was awarded the MBE by Her Majesty The Queen in her Birthday Honour’s List in recognition of his services to the country through athletics.
Akabusi joined the British Army in 1975 as a trainee data telegraphist and had a successful career in the Royal Corps of Signals before switching to the Army Physical Training Corps in 1981 where he completed three tours of duty with various battalions.
In 1990 he was discharged into the reserves with an exemplary record as a Warrant Officer Class 2.
Kriss’ first break into television came in 1993 when he co-presented Channel 4’s The Big Breakfast, this was quickly followed with a full time position as a co-presenter on BBC1’s Record Breakers.
He appears regularly on various programmes especially where the brief is fun and entertainment.
Appearances are not restricted to television, he can often be heard on the radio debating serious topics of the day.
He is also an accredited personal coach, having qualified at the Hudson Institute of Santa Barbara.
As a Motivational Speaker Kriss Akabusi speaks around the acronym F.I.T (Focus, Innovation and Teamwork)
With a mixture of humour, stories, and bags of energy and enthusiasm, you cannot fail to be motivated and inspired!
Kriss’ inspirational story is legendary and works well at the start of a conference to fire up the delegates or as an endnote, leaving the audience on a high, ready to deliver success in the arena.
Delegates will be inspired to be the best they can be both personally and professionally through topics such as:
- Setting a Vision.
- Focusing on Goal setting for Teams and Individuals.
- Ownership and Commitment to goals.
- Identifying and Overcoming Hurdles.
- Using Creativity and Innovation to Achieve Outstanding Results.
- Being Flexible and Managing Change Proactively.
- Understanding the Importance of Teamwork and how to Achieve it.
Kriss’ infectious enthusiasm ensures that the messages hit home and motivate the audience.
- Bronze 1992 400m Relay Barcelona
- Bronze 1992 400m Hurdles Barcelona
- Silver 1984 4x400m Relay Los Angeles
- Gold 1991 4x400m Relay Tokyo (with Roger Black, Derek Redmond and John Regis)
- Bronze 1991 400m Hurdles Tokyo
- Silver 1987 4x400m Rome
- Gold 1990 4x400m Relay Split
- Gold 1990 400m Hurdles Split
- Gold 1990 400m Hurdles Auckland