Peter Cochrane OBE – Technologist, Futurist, Author and International Keynote Speaker.
Peter Cochrane is a sought after international speaker, consultant, futurist, technologist and business guru who invests his time and money as an agent of change and creator of new business.
Renowned for his out of the box thinking, Peter Cochrane is the author of over 1000 blogs, articles and scientific papers, numerous books on the future, technology, business, management, and living with rapid change.
His books cite many examples of how the move from a stable and linear world to one that is non-linear and chaotic and the impact on business, society as well as the individual. He currently serves on the board of companies in the EU & USA.
Peter Cochrane is a seasoned professional with over 40 years of hands on technology and operational experience. He has been involved in the creation and deployment of new technologies, the transformation of corporations, and the starting of many new businesses.
His career in BT saw him progress to Head of Research and CTO with a 1000 strong team engaged in studies spanning optical fiber, fixed and mobile networks, terminals and interfaces, artificial life and healthcare, through to war gaming, eCommerce, eRetail, eLogistics and business modeling.
Peter’s PhD was pivotal in BT deciding to go all-digital and all-optical in the 1970’s, and he played a key technology role in a downsizing of BT from 242,000 to 110,000 people in the 1990s.
Since leaving BT in 2000 Peter Cochrane has:
- Been involved in the start up sector as an Angel and Venture Capitalist with an involvement in setting up new companies in the Travel, Entertainment, Logistics, Operations, Service, IT, Information, Test & Measure, Electronic Component, Defence, Security, Currency, Education and HealthCare sectors.
- Created a growing personal portfolio of companies in the UK, USA and India. He has also invested in, and engaged in the management of, VC funds in Israel and the UK.
- Served as one of the original directors of eBookers – a start up that became the biggest eTravel business in the EU @ over $1Bn turnover by year 4.
- Served as an Executive and Non-Executive Director in the SME sector in the UK and USA serving on and chairing, audit and remuneration committees.
- Acted as a consultant to the Financial, Defence, Security, Retail, Entertainment, Transport, IT and Telecom companies.
- Advised government on operations, services, networks, systems, technology & trends.
Peter has also spent time in academia as an educator. He was appointed as the UK’s first Professor for the Public Understanding of Science & Technology at Bristol in 1998. A graduate of Nottingham Trent and Essex Universities, Peter has received notable recognition with the Queen’s Award for Innovation & Export in 1990 and Honorary Doctorates from Essex, Robert Gordon, Stafford, Nottingham Trent and Brunel Universities. He was awarded an OBE in 1999 for his contribution to international communications
Peter Cochrane lectures and presents on a broad range of topics covering science, technology, progress, organizations, markets, change and adaptation including education, medicine, government, military and commercial companies. Peter’s principal focus is the progression of technology and living with rapid change, making it happen and creating sustainable futures.
His presentations include full multi-media support on varying scales depending on audience size and venue.
Speaking topics include:
- Business Strategy
- The Future
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence