Edgar Perez is an internationally renowned technology and financial markets expert.
Edgar is one of the world’s few business and technology visionaries who can light up a room with insightful and inspiring presentations on the impact of cutting-edge technologies, from 5G to Quantum Computing and from Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity to Web3 and the Metaverse. A published author and energetic keynote speaker, he is also an international consultant affiliated with Ponemon Institute, Gerson Lehrman Group and Guidepoint Global Advisors.
As an author, his books include:
- Knightmare on Wall Street – The Rise and Fall of Knight Capital and the Biggest Risk for Financial Markets.
- The Speed Traders – An Insider’s Look at the New High-Frequency Trading Phenomenon That is Transforming the Investing World.
He contributes to The New York Times, UltraHighFrequencyTrading.com and China’s International Finance News and Sina Finance.
Edgar Perez regularly provides expert comments to media outlets around the world on Cyber Security and Trading related matters.
He has been interviewed on shows such as:
- CNN’s Quest Means Business
- CNBC’s Squawk on the Street, Worldwide Exchange, Cash Flow and Squawk Box
- FOX BUSINESS’s Countdown to the Closing Bell and After the Bell
- Bloomberg TV’s Market Makers
Edgar delivers keynote presentations at events around the world.
Mr. Perez has spoken at a number of global conferences, including Institutional Investor’s CEO Roundtable (Berlin) and Global Growth Markets Forum (London), Cyber Security World Conference (New York), Inside Market Data (Chicago), Emerging Markets Investments Summit (Warsaw), CME Group‘s Global Financial Leadership Conference (Naples Beach), Harvard Business School‘s Venture Capital & Private Equity Conference (Boston), MIT Sloan Investment Management Conference (Cambridge), Global InsurTech Leaders (Beijing), Fixed Income & FX Leaders Summit APAC and TradeTech Asia (Singapore), FIXGlobal Face2Face (Seoul), and institutional forums organized by Fortune 500 companies.
Speaking topics include:
- Is Web3 the Beginning of a New Internet or a Stroke of Marketing Genius?
- Welcome to the Metaverse: The Next Evolution of the Internet
- Bitcoin is dead. Long live Ethereum and CBDCs
- Achieving Digital Impact with “State-of-the-art” Deep Learning
- Is the Global Race to Achieve Quantum Supremacy Coming to an End?
- The Artificial Intelligence Breakthroughs that are Changing the Digital World
- Advice for Global Organizations: Never Let a Crisis Go to Waste
- What the Boeing 737 Groundings can teach us about Technology and Automation
- Neuro what? Neuromorphic Computing and the Quest to Build an Artificial Brain
- The Ultimate Business Disruptor: Quantum Computing
- The Importance of the Cybersecurity Framework for Directors and CEOs
- The Challenges of Content Creation on Machine Learning Steroids
- Managing the Upcoming Tsunami of Unstructured Data with Artificial Intelligence
- Trade Wars and their Impact on Financial Markets already influenced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Social Engineering: The “Weakest Human Link” in Cybersecurity
- The Biggest Risk for Financial Markets
- Establishing or Improving a Cybersecurity Program
Mr. Perez was a vice president at Citigroup, a senior consultant at IBM, and a strategy consultant at McKinsey & Co. Mr. Perez has an undergraduate degree in Systems Engineering from Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería, Lima, Peru (1994), a Master of Administration from Universidad ESAN, Lima, Peru (1997) and an MBA from Columbia Business School, New York, majoring in Finance and Management (2002).
Edgar travels from New York, USA.