Chris Boardman MBE is an Olympic Gold Medalist and Tour de France Legend.
Boardman’s name first sprang into the public eye when he took Britain’s opening Gold medal at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics astride the infamous Lotus bike.
This was Britain’s first cycling Gold medal in 72 years.
The iconic image of the Lotus machine and pointy helmet linked Chris Boardman forever with cutting edge technology, something he later went on to reinforce by leading the R&D team for GB Cycling in the run up to the Beijing 2008 Olympics, where they became the most successful British sporting team of all time.
Between Barcelona and Beijing, Chris Boardman won three stages of the Tour de France, set numerous world records (several of which still stand) and became one of Britain’s most successful cyclists.
Post cycling, Chris went on to establish a name in journalism writing for various publications, including Diver magazine and Pro Cycling, worked as a commentator for ITV and the BBC covering major cycling events, sat on the National Cycling Strategy Board as well as co-founding Boardman Bikes, the most respected and fastest growing British Bike Brand in decades.
Chris Boardman – Motivational Speaker:
As an inspirational speaker, Chris focuses on the importance of Teamwork, Leadership, Motivation and Perseverance.
- Surviving Success: Recognising the challenges that even small successes bring and how to manage them.
- Motivation: Through personal stories and experiences, understand the barriers we put in our own way and how to remove them.
- High Performance Teams: The essential ingredients – how to recognise and make the most of them.
- Innovation Culture: Recognising the value of exploration and how to maximise your return.
- Managing Risk: Recognising where the real risk lies, sometimes the real risk is in trying to avoid it!