Andrew McNeill is a leadership and mindfulness speaker.
He has spent 20 years in senior leadership, recently as a Director in the UK Civil Service, leading major projects and programmes.
Throughout his career, he has led large teams in high-pressure environments.
He is also an accredited mindfulness teacher and brought these two worlds together in his 2019 book Organisational Mindfulness – a How-to Guide.
The book explains mindfulness, why it might be useful for your organisation, and how to apply it.
By integrating his leadership experience and insights from being a mindfulness teacher, Andrew has developed a method to help leaders and their teams embed and implement techniques that improve performance, build psychological safety and support their own and collective well-being.
Andrew McNeill specialises in working with teams, enabling them to connect better and listen to each other.
Andrew also works directly with leaders, helping them to thrive through the challenges and opportunities of leadership.
His techniques have assisted teams and individuals in navigating very real challenges and communicating with honesty and kindness.
Andrew McNeill Speaking Topics
Practice Workplace Mindfulness
Andrew talks about the practical application of mindfulness for people in today’s workplace. He explains how this down-to-earth toolkit of techniques can help you manage stress, improve your communication skills and support your decision-making.
From this talk, you will take away:
- Techniques to help you perform in high-stress moments
- Ideas to help you communicate more effectively
- Ways to give you more choices in your decision-making
Andrew believes in the need for leadership to be more fully human and uninhibited. In this talk, Andrew explains what empathetic leadership is and why it is urgently needed now, especially with the multiple pressures we face. Andrew will discuss how attitudes such as being non-judgmental and showing kindness are essential to modern-day leadership.
- Why leadership is so urgently needed now and what a leader needs to be effective today.
- How leaders can create the space they need to see if what they’re doing is right for them
- Andrew will share examples of ethical leadership and the benefits it brings.
How to Thrive under Pressure
Andrew has faced numerous high-intensity leadership situations, from heading up the UK Government’s assurance of the Olympic and Paralympic torches for London 2012 to being a Director of the Building Safety Programme immediately after the Grenfell Fire tragedy. Here, Andrew talks about his journey with pressure. What worked and what didn’t?
In this honest account, Andrew shares numerous suggestions that could make a significant difference to the way you lead and outlines ways that will help you thrive under pressure, including:
Advancing the way you thrive under pressure.
- From his experience, Andrew will provide life hacks to help you navigate leadership challenges.
- Andrew will share his special techniques to help you and your team thrive.
- What does kindness have to do with it?
Psychological Safety – Why it Matters to You and Your Team
When employees feel comfortable asking for help, sharing suggestions informally or challenging the status quo without fear, organizations are more likely to innovate quickly, unlock the benefits of diversity and adapt well to change! In this engaging psychological safety keynote, Andrew uses evidence-based examples to give leaders reasons to want this transformative team mindset!
- Andrew will share powerful examples of how psychological safety can avert risks to your business and enable opportunities to be grabbed!
- The key indicators that show whether the workplace is psychologically safe or not.
- He will explain its impact on team culture and how it can enable teams to thrive.
- Andrew will give practical tips on how to achieve psychological safety.