Nigel Barlow is an Agent Provocateur, Author, Creative Coach, and Keynote Speaker to many of the world’s leading organisations.
He was a founding director of the Tom Peters company in Europe, and currently runs a company helping organisations become not just good, not just excellent, but legendary for service to their customers
Until recently he was an Associate Fellow at the Saïd Business School, focusing on innovative change.
Nigel has a deserved reputation as one of the world’s most dynamic business speakers. He is also a strategic coach, consultant, and author working with famous brands on every continent.
He’s the master of applying creative thinking to any area of your business. Nigel’s distinctive approach is to convey essential messages in a highly entertaining and interactive way. His latest book is Re-think: How To Think Differently.
During his speeches, he helps his audience to open their minds to creative re-thinking.
Re-thinking can be applied to topics as diverse as Leadership, Markets, Brands, Attitude Change, Individual and Corporate Innovation, Strategic Development, the Customer Experience, and anything to do with organisational transformation.
What Nigel Barlow offers you…
An inspirational boost to your conference, off-site event or leadership retreat. Nigel has worked with organisations on every continent – from Apple to Unilever – as a speaker, creative coach, and agent provocateur.
How Nigel Barlow presents:
His stimulating presentations are highly interactive and always top the ratings. He takes the business of tailoring his message to his client’s aims very seriously and is foolhardy enough to favour the after-lunch spot at conferences.
Speaking topics include:
This session is inspiring, practical and tailored to your specific Disruption Challenges, whether these are technological, commercial, or organisational.
- Why Disruption?
- Disruption is the outcome, Innovation the process.
- What it means to disrupt: definitions and real-life examples.
- Can you avoid being disrupted? The trap of mindset.
- Technology as the Enabler.
- Not all disruptions are digital – apps, algorithms or AI – but these are likely to be at the heart of your transformation. Technology as more than a machine: art, craft, skill, and ingenuity.
The Mindset of an Innovator
Innovative and disruptive thinking is high on the wish list of most organisations. But what does it take to break boundaries in thinking, create novel solutions, and transcend business as usual?
This lively, interactive session explores how we all have a mindset – and what to do about it. Given that most people don’t have their best ideas in a traditional office block, we also take a look at organisations that have created their own spaces for innovation, equipping their talent with innovative tools to transform the organisation.
Be prepared to disrupt yourself!
Digital Transformation and Disruptive Innovation are the words on everyone’s lips. So what room is there for creativity and initiative when algorithms, Big Data and AI seem to trump all human endeavours?
Working at the interface between the digital and human worlds, Nigel Barlow explores with leaders around the globe how to develop the qualities of personal and organisational creativity, as we inevitably become digital citizens.
Technology companies like Apple, Gartner, Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft, as well as many others across industry sectors, have benefited from his insights on what to pack for the future – and how to stay sane in the gold rush to digitise everything.
Rethink – How To Think Differently
- ’One month in a job and you go blind!’ – overcoming the problem of experience
- Differentiate by being different
- Developing a ‘beginner’s mind’ to see fresh possibilities
- Innovating by cultivating a ‘why not?’ ‘what if?’ reflex and suspending your ‘yes, buts’
- Forget thinking outside the box: change it!
- Learning from the innovators
Becoming a Talent Factory
- The war for talent – sense and nonsense
- Creating a culture of ‘players’, and rooting out the walking dead, spectators, and cynics
- The manager as super coach: enlivening your homegrown talent
- Why your organisation is your people’s greatest resource and what to do about it
- Becoming connoisseurs of talent inside and outside the business
- The search for meaning in the workplace
- Innovative people development
Business Rocks – Waking Up To Creativity
- Music as a trigger for personal and business creativity
- What it takes to be an original and not just a cover version
- Finding your authentic voice or style
- Going ‘unplugged’ – touching hearts and minds
- What’s your real company song?
- Creating a business that really rocks