Julie Meyer MBE is one of Europe’s Most Influential Female Business Leaders
Julie is one of the world’s leading thinkers, investors and entrepreneurs in the areas of Digital Transformation of large enterprise by young, fast-growing enabling tech firms.
She is widely respected for how she has integrated her ability to spot talent, monetise technologies and apply economic thinking to business and social problems.
From her award winning book, published by Little Brown, Welcome to EntrepreneurCountry, she described the rise of ‘Feminine Leadership’ and why the world was becoming feminine.
She was named by INSEAD as one of their top 50 alumni of all time, and was given an honorary PhD by Warwick University for the system-level thinking that she has developed in Applied Economics or Ecosystem Economics®.
She is a World Economic Forum ‘Global Leader for Tomorrow’ 2001, an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, a Dragon on the BBC’s Dragon’s Den online show, and the founder and Managing Partner of the Follow The Entrepreneur Investor Summit, EntrepreneurCountry, the Ariadne Capital Entrepreneurs Fund and the ECO2 Investment Platform.
She has keynoted for the Executive Teams at the request of the CEO and Boards of Aviva, IBM, Rolls Royce, Santander and many others.
She has spoken at the request of the Harvard Business Review, and throughout Board rooms and conferences around Europe.
As a venture capitalist for 18 years where she backed explosive growth companies like BeatThatQuote (sold to Google), Monitise (market cap of 1 bn Euros), Skype and Zopa, she worked with the CEO’s to scale their businesses through tough times and breakthrough moments.
Julie has been awarded many awards and honours including:
- Linked In Power Profiles
- INSEAD – 50 Alumni who changed the world
- Honorary Doctorate of Laws – Warwick University
- E&Y – Entrepreneur of the Year (October 2000)
- Wall Street Journal – 30 Most Influential Women in Europe
- World Economic Forum – Global Leader of Tomorrow
- One of WIRED’s 100 2011
- Awarded an MBE for ‘services to entrepreneurship’ in 2012
- One of Brummell Magazine’s 30 Inspirational Women Entrepreneurs 2014.
- Selected to be a member of Vince Cable’s Entrepreneurs’ Forum as part of Global Entrepreneurs’ Week 2010.
- Voted one of London’s top 1000 Most Influential Londoners by the London Evening Standard – 2010 & 2011.
Julie’s first book ‘Welcome to Entrepreneur Country’ was published in June 2012.
Julie Meyer – Keynote Speaker:
As a keynote business speaker, Julie’s speaking topics include:
- The Digital Transformation of Larger Enterprises
- Consumer Data as an Asset of the Individual
- The Fight Back Strategy for Goliaths in a World of Davids
- The World is Becoming Feminine
- Follow The Entrepreneur: How Capital Follows Ideas
- Corporate Innovation
- Individual Capitalism
- Technology and Innovation
- Women in Business
- Venture Capital
- The Monetisation of Technologies
- Cultural and Digital Change – How they go hand in hand
- Feminine Leadership
- How to think like a Venture Capitalist