Edgar Perez is an internationally renowned technology and financial markets expert.
Perez is a business consultant for billion-dollar private equity and hedge funds and Council Member at the Gerson Lehrman Group, with subject matter expertise in quantum computing, artificial intelligence, deep learning, cyber security and financial regulation
Previously, Edgar was a vice president at Citigroup, a senior consultant at IBM, and a strategy consultant at McKinsey & Co. in New York City.
As an author his books include:
- Knightmare on Wall Street – The Rise and Fall of Knight Capital and the Biggest Risk for Financial Markets.
- The Speed Traders – An Insider’s Look at the New High-Frequency Trading Phenomenon That is Transforming the Investing World.
He contributes to The New York Times, UltraHighFrequencyTrading.com and China’s International Finance News and Sina Finance.
Edgar Perez regularly provides expert comment to media outlets around the world on Cyber Security and Trading related matters.
He has been interviewed on shows such as:
- CNN’s Quest Means Business
- CNBC’s Squawk on the Street, Worldwide Exchange, Cash Flow and Squawk Box
- FOX BUSINESS’s Countdown to the Closing Bell and After the Bell
- Bloomberg TV’s Market Makers
Edgar delivers keynote presentations at events around the world.
Recent events include Harvard Business School, FIXProtocol Face2Face Forum, TradeTech Asia, Columbia Business School, Pace University, New York University, as well as, media appearances on CNBC, BNN, TheStreet.com, and Channel NewsAsia, among other venues
Speaking topics include:
- Trade Wars and their Impact on Financial Markets already influenced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- What the Boeing 737 Groundings can teach us about Technology and Automation
- Neuro what? Neuromorphic Computing and the Quest to Build an Artificial Brain
- The Ultimate Business Disruptor: Quantum Computing
- The Artificial Intelligence Breakthroughs that are Changing the World.
- Achieving Deep Impact with “State-of-the-art” Deep Learning
- Managing the Upcoming Tsunami of Unstructured Data with Artificial Intelligence
- Social Engineering: The “Weakest Human Link” in Cybersecurity
- The Biggest Risk for Financial Markets
- Finance in the New Global Economy
- The Importance of the Cybersecurity Framework for Directors and CEOs
- Establishing or Improving a Cybersecurity Program
- The Present and Future of High-Frequency Trading
Edgar has an undergraduate degree from Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería, Lima, Peru (1994), a Master of Administration from Universidad ESAN, Lima, Peru (1997) and a Master of Business Administration from Columbia Business School, New York, with a dual major in Finance and Management (2002).
Edgar travels from New York, USA.