Chris Arnold is a leading marketing expert, a creative and a thinker who is not afraid to challenge conventional thinking.
Having spoken all over the world, and to many top brands, his talks and workshops are always invigorating, inspirational, innovative and thought-provoking.
Chris Arnold is Creative Director and founder of a new generation creative advertising agency – the first of its kind; a social enterprise and talent incubator.
He was a Creative Director at Saatchi & Saatchi before setting up FEEL and the BLAC. He has also been the creative director of Draft Direct Worldwide and has worked in 15 different agencies and on over 100 top brands. He’s also worked with both the Labour and the Conservative party.
A former board member of the Direct Marketing Association (Europe’s largest marketing trade body) he’s been the Chairman of both the Agency Council and the Creative Council. Chris has also sat on a number of advisory boards to charities.
With a string of awards to his name, he is a great believer that creativity is key to a successful business and is not tame about speaking his mind and challenging the way the industry thinks. “The industry needs to constantly reinvent itself if it is to go forward and be respected.”
As well as an award-winning creative and innovator, Chris Arnold has written for many publications, including the FT, Creative Review, Impact, The Times, Third Sector, Brand Strategy, Canvas8 and writes the weekly ethical blog on Brand Republic.
Chris Arnold is the author of the leading book on the subject, Ethical Marketing & The New Consumer and is currently writing ‘THUNK, a different way to think’ and ‘Maverick Brands’. He’s also written a number of mini-books, one on the differences between women and men shoppers, ‘Why Women Shop on Venus & Men Shop on Mars’ and another on creative thinking for D&AD, ‘Open Minds’.
He’s appeared as a marketing expert on both the radio and TV on BBC’s Working Lunch, BBC Watchdog and in a number of documentaries on marketing on Channel 4 and the BBC.
Chris lectures around the world and has run creative workshops for clients as diverse as NatWest, P&G, Renault, NBC and the BBC News team.
Highly proactive, he devised the ‘Open Minds’ seminars and ‘An introduction to DM and Integration’ for the DMA and was a founder of the integrated student workshops for D&AD – the advertising industry’s leading education & awards body, the Campaign Direct Awards and Impact magazine.
He has been nominated as a London Green Leader and recently founded the open platform fundraising event ‘H2O Walk for Water, Walk for Life’ to raise funds for African water projects and make people more aware of their water usage.
Chris Arnold is an energetic, entertaining, passionate, inspiring and thought-provoking speaker. He’ll help you see things from a different angle and leave you inspired and motivated. You’ll not forget one of his lectures.
Speech topics include:
- The Creative Economy – The power of ideas to make money.
- Birdcage – Releasing creativity.
- THUNK – A different way to think.
- The Flat Earth Society – Seeing thing differently, taking risks and being creative.
- The Untapped Power Within – Tapping into the creative potential in staff to enrich and add value to your business.
- Getting Back to Gut Instinct – The power of ideas and creativity.
- The Power of Creativity – Creativity, innovation and how creativity can improve your business.
- Making Sheep Dance – The changing world of marketing. Embracing creativity, new ideas and techniques.
- Ethical Marketing – Understanding the dynamics of ethics and marketing. Identifying different ethical customers and how to sell in the new ethical economy.
- Brand of Bland
- From Push to Pull – From ads to the internet, the changing challenges of communications.
- OPEN MINDS – from 1hr to half a day – session on creative thinking.
- BIRDCAGE – a session that helps people identify and remove the barriers that hold back our creativity and innovation.
Chris is happy to create tailored speeches and workshops to meet a brief.
Major events Chris has lectured at include:
- DMA – Ethical Marketing Conference (London and Scotland)
- DMA – Open Minds – day event to help people think more creatively.
- IDM – B2B conference – speech on the power of creativity in B2B.
- NOMAD – Oslo, Norway – speech on ethical marketing.
- Marketing Directors Forum – speech on creativity and marketing
- Direct Line – Lecture on how to engage consumers and sell.
- Mail on Sunday – The Power of Creativity
- TNT Door Drop Conference – The Power of Creativity
- Adobe – lecture to launch InDesign software.
- BBC Imagineering – BBC News Team – a workshop designed to open minds.
- NBC Universal – workshop in France on digital convergence.
- Future Publishing – speech at a conference on working with creative people