Dr Arthur Cassidy is a renowned Social Media and Celebrity Psychologist.
Arthur has made a dynamic and energetic impact to contemporary television programmes by bringing a fresh insight into evidence based psychological aspects of a wide range of topics on human behaviour.
His psychological expertise and warm personality is constantly sought after by television executives, researchers and producers for high profile reality shows and serious documentaries.
Arthur has appeared on a number of shows including:
- Celebrity Big Brother’s Big Brain with Dermot O’Leary
- I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here Now
- ITV This Morning
- RTE Documentary with Anna Nolan on Cyber Dating
- BBC Wales: Documentary on teenage suicides Bridgend
- BBC2 Revealed: Documentary on Self Harm
Arthur is a regular contributor to journalistic articles on Psychology and a wide range of behaviour.
He has been featured in The Guardian, The Times, The Independent, The Mail on Sunday, More, Newsweek, Cosmopolitan, Cosmogirl, Men’s Health, Grazia, Tatler and many more.
Arthur Cassidy is a highly qualified British psychologist with degrees in Social and Political Science, Experimental and Health Psychology.
He has specialist research interests in the scientific study of personality and Identities online and offline.
He holds honours degrees from the University of Ulster, and his Post Graduate research Doctorate from the Queens University of Belfast.
Dr Arthur Cassidy is a Chartered Psychologist and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society.
Arthur has taught lectured and examined in various specialities within psychology in Universities and was a visiting Lecturer to the Hong Kong Polytechnic.
Arthur has specialism in the following areas:
– Programme risks, contributor risks, media exposure, dealing with criticism from press, magazines and all other forms of social media, media career development post screen exposure, coping with media stress and lifestyles
– Pre- screening and selection of appropriate contestants for effective screen performance, media ethics, treatment of participants in television shows, Ofcom ethical guidelines analysis and evaluation.
– As a specialist contributor and presenter on Cyberbullying, Deception in Online dating styles, Cyber self-harm, Internet Trolls, Personality assessment and evaluation, Internet addictions, Social media related Depression and Anxiety issues, Political interviewing and analysis, Politicians personality assessment, Media Violence, Group dynamics assessment & personality evaluation for TV Press and Periodical magazines.
– Arthur also advises television and radio producers on the following: Selection of the most appropriate psychological angles and approaches in show production.
– Facebook phishing and personality traits, Vlogging and Blogging behaviours.
– Consulting with TV producers and Executives and advising on the psychological effects of studio discussions, News programmes, Reality TV shows, Documentaries could have on viewer’s mental health.