Mandy Hickson is a former Royal Air Force fast jet pilot.
As one of the first female pilots on her frontline Tornado GR4 squadron, flying multi-million pound fast jets for the Royal Air Force, Mandy worked in a constantly challenging, yet exhilarating environment.
Mandy offers a unique insight into this elite world, demonstrating only too well the importance of remaining calm under pressure and leading, quite literally, from the front, in order to get the best from herself and her team.
It is with frankness and humour that she talks about the strategies she employed to succeed in such a demanding environment. She has boundless energy, an overriding purpose of the end goal and she truly believes that with hard work and self-belief anyone can achieve their ambitions.
As a motivational speaker Mandy Hickson puts a huge amount of energy, creativity and passion into what she does, working with clients on an individual basis means she can create an event that is truly unique and memorable. Mandy brings a wealth of insights from her years serving on the operational front line, where a keen sense of humour has been the key to her success and survival.
Mandy’s keynote speech includes topics such as:
- Critical success Factors – learning from the extremes of a career as a fast jet pilot
- Selecting a career against the grain
- Overcoming barriers
- Conquering the Fear of Failure
- Goal Setting
- Self Belief and the Power of Positive Thinking
- Threat/Threat analysis
- Risk Taking
- Decision Making under Intense Pressure
- Empowerment of junior team members
- Trust in your Team
- Debriefing and the need to be open to learning