Kate Richardson-Walsh MBE is the most capped female hockey player in her country’s history.
Kate captained GB women’s hockey teams for over 13 years.
An inspirational and charismatic leader, Kate has been credited for helping build the team ethos and commitment that drove the team to victory at the Rio Olympic Games.
Having made her international debut in 1999, Kate made over 370 appearances for her country.
After securing a bronze in London 2012, Rio 2016 was the Mancunian’s fourth Olympic Games.
From a disastrous low of 11th place at the 2014 World Cup, a process of self-examination and rebuilding was instigated in which the team built and signed up to their own collective culture of behavior, created a sense of common purpose and installed a distributed leadership structure.
Alongside this, a process of learning through experience and collective reflection helped build a team that was able to adapt and withstand pressure whenever circumstances changed.
Shortlisted for the FIH World Player of the Year Award, Kate Richardson-Walsh has also been GB Hockey’s Athlete of the Year, has twice won the prestigious Hockey Writers’ Player of the Year and was awarded an MBE in the Queen’s honours list.
In 2013, Kate married Helen Richardson, her team mate since 1999.
Having retired from international hockey following their Rio success, both have now joined the Dutch club Bloemendaal.
Kate Richardson-Walsh – Motivational Speaker:
Kate Richardson-Walsh is an experienced motivational speaker and happy to host or deliver Q&A sessions, keynotes and after dinner presentations.
She has a powerful leadership and team building story to tell and can speak on the following themes:
- Leadership and Communication: Building a winning mind-set and bringing out the best in people.
- Team Building: Creating unity of standards, spirit and culture.
- Maintaining Peak Performance.
- Ambition and Goal setting: Effective planning, organisation and evaluation.
- Change Management: How to turn performance around.
- High Performance Under Pressure: Performing at an elite level for 16 years.
- Diversity and Inclusion.
- Grass Roots Sport and Inspiring a New Generation.