Julie Meyer MBE is one of Europe’s Most Influential Female Business Leaders
Meyer is a leading investor and entrepreneur in digital, high-growth, early stage businesses around the world.
She has driven many continent-wide initiatives for creating wealth and growth in the European economy.
Julie Meyer is considered an authority on how digital business models are transforming the world, and how entrepreneurship is changing the world.
In 1998, Julie founded First Tuesday, the network of entrepreneurs which many credit for igniting the internet generation in Europe. It was sold in July 2000 for $50 million in cash and shares.
In August 2000, Julie founded Ariadne Capital to create a new model for the financing of entrepreneurship in Europe and the UK: that of “Entrepreneurs Backing Entrepreneurs”.
She created the founding Investor Partnership of 62 leading entrepreneurs and business builders who are Ariadne Capital’s core shareholders and is the Managing Partner of the Ariadne Capital Entrepreneurs Fund.
Ariadne Capital has backed many explosive growth companies including Espotting, Skype, Monitise, SpinVox, Zopa, BeatThatQuote and SoundOut.
At Ariadne Capital Julie has led investments and/or transactions with Medikidz, Quill, Taggstar, BeatThatQuote, Espotting, Monitise, SpinVox and Zopa.
Julie has been awarded many awards and honours including:
- Linked In Power Profiles
- INSEAD – 50 Alumni who changed the world
- Honorary Doctorate of Laws – Warwick University
- E&Y – Entrepreneur of the Year (October 2000)
- Wall Street Journal – 30 Most Influential Women in Europe
- World Economic Forum – Global Leader of Tomorrow
- One of WIRED’s 100 2011
- Awarded an MBE for ‘services to entrepreneurship’ in 2012
- One of Brummell Magazine’s 30 Inspirational Women Entrepreneurs 2014.
- Selected to be a member of Vince Cable’s Entrepreneurs’ Forum as part of Global Entrepreneurs’ Week 2010.
- Voted one of London’s top 1000 Most Influential Londoners by the London Evening Standard – 2010 & 2011.
Julie’s first book ‘Welcome to Entrepreneur Country’ was published in June 2012.
Julie Meyer – Keynote Speaker:
As a keynote business speaker, Julie’s speaking topics include:
- The Digital Transformation of Larger Enterprises
- Consumer Data as an Asset of the Individual
- The Fight Back Strategy for Goliaths in a World of Davids
- The World is Becoming Feminine
- Follow The Entrepreneur: How Capital Follows Ideas
- Corporate Innovation
- Individual Capitalism
- Technology and Innovation
- Women in Business
- Venture Capital