Jacqueline Gold CBE , Chief Executive of Ann Summers and Knickerbox, is one of Britain’s most charismatic and successful businesswomen and an inspiration to thousands of women.
Jacqueline Gold has been voted:
- The Second Most Powerful Woman in Retail by Retail Week
- The Most Inspirational Businesswoman in the UK by Barclays Bank and handbag.com
- One of Britain’s Business Icons in a survey by Everywoman and NatWest Bank
- One of Britain’s Top Businesswomen by Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Woman and Good Housekeeping
- One of Britain’s 100 Most Influential Women by the Daily Mail
- Business Communicator of the Year 2004 by the British Association of Communicators in Business
Jacqueline heads up an empire that is run by women, for women.
At the age of 19, after joining Ann Summers for work experience, Jacqueline saw the potential of selling sexy lingerie and sex toys to women in the privacy of their own homes.
Working her way through the ranks of Ann Summers, Jacqueline was made Chief Executive in 1987, and quickly transformed Ann Summers into a multi-million pound concern.
Ann Summers now boasts a sales force of over 7,500 women as party organisers, has over 140 high street stores in the UK, Ireland, and Channel Islands and one in Spain, and an annual turnover of over £155 million.
Jacqueline Gold has been the subject of several documentaries including:
- Back To The Floor (BBC2)
- Ann Summers Uncovered (ITV1)
- So What Do You Do All Day (BBC2)
- Break With The Boss (Living)
Jacqueline also co-presented the daytime business series ‘Mind Your Own Business‘ for BBC One.
Jacqueline Gold was one of the panelists on the ‘Fortune: Million Pound Giveaway’ (ITV1), and was one of the celebrity jurors on ‘The Verdict’ (BBC2).
Her first autobiography ‘Good Vibrations’ was published in 1995 (Pavilion Books), with a second book ‘A Woman’s Courage’ published April 2007 (Ebury) which was republished in mass market paperback as ‘Please let it stop’ in February 2008.
She is a columnist for Retail Week, New Business, Kent Business and Women Mean Business Magazine.
Speaking topics include:
- Women in Business
- Customer Management
- Brand Building