Dermott Reilly – Emerging Technology Expert and Keynote Speaker.
Dermott Reilly is by heart a true and congenial Irishman with more then 30 years business management and business intelligence experience in various fields such as food, military, defence, healthcare, industry departments such as R&D, Marketing, Innovation, in which he served continuously as a Senior Consultant and Board Member as well as in Liaison Management with international government and scientific institutions.
Dermot Reilly speaks and presents at high profile IT events such as CompTIA and represents a number of academic institutions in their quest for NPD and commercial success. His outstanding track record is accompanied by impressive results in bringing projects and their enterprises to realisation, building the grounds for international growth and sustained profit.
Starting in the British military in the Air-Defence Group, he comes also from a very competitive and unusual sportive background, being a successful fell runner and distinguished championship athlete. This background was also his base for the persistent strive, focus, and energy he displays in his career, leading to the filing of four international patent within the security industry and his passion for business development and best practice within the world of emerging technologies.
Companies Dermot has worked with include French Telecom, Woolworth Group International, WAL-MART, Unilever, Goldman Sachs, Swiss Bank, Bank Paribas, UBS, Nabarro Nathanson, John Lewis and IPC Magazines, Nestle, M&S and organisations such as FIFA, MOD and NHS.
In the last few years Dermott Reilly has spearheaded the foundation and final completion of the GS1UK Project for bar-coding methodology for NHS, leading to successful implementation of the GS1 Bar-Code systems with a market value of several million UKP.
Another outstanding commercial creation of Dermott’s is his involvement with leading German Nano technology developers in which he prepared and introduced global clients, sourced VAR distributors and identified new markets across complex government and political verticals.
Dermott Reilly is a member of the U.K’s Parliamentary Group, a member of the Society of Industry Leaders, New York, a Member of Global Food Safety and Traceability Forum and also the driving force behind London’s Discovery Lab and Olympic Village introducing RFID solutions.
Commercial Innovation and Technology:
Every manager, senior policy decision maker, strategist or board member should ideally have a perspective on the future technological horizon in order to make practical decisions today that are in harmony with trends, best practice, value and innovation for tomorrow.
The future is racing towards us, regardless of what we think or feel. Whilst it is easy to appreciate the past, the future is more difficult to grasp.
- What information is available today to help us dovetail our policy and investments for maximum return a decade or two ahead?
- How can we prevent ignorance of new technologies and their impact?
- Are there technologies that help us today better prepare for tomorrow?
- Are there new products / services / markets for our company?
- Could our Organisation do things better?
- Are we missing knowledge for competitive advantage?
- Have we a global perspective on this?
- Are we aware of best practice for Sustainability, The Environment, Energy, Pollution, The Community?
- What new markets are developing and what technologies will strive in these sectors?
- What trends / risks (child internet addiction? Led lighting?) should we be aware of?