Alex MacPhail is a formidable conference performer. He is a compelling keynote speaker and as a host he is warm and utterly unflappable. He is very serious about his work, but he also has a great sense of humour. Alex is one keynote speaker who knows how to entertain.
His reputation is founded on his high level experience in business and in the city. After some years in investment banking he became one of the founder directors of a Corporate Development organisation that has grown to become arguably the UK’s leading provider of peak performance coaching.
Engaging and highly amusing, his keynote’s deliver practical fast-acting techniques to help delegates understand their motivation and build their own strategies for success.
Alex MacPhail is a passionate and compelling motivational keynote speaker . His great expertise is empowering large audiences to master their motivation – allowing them to achieve their full potential, both on the day of the conference and long into the future.
Alex MacPhail wasn’t always a success. Until his teens he had barely achieved a thing. But by the age of 18 he was thriving as a commodities broker and earning a healthy – or, he admits, “probably UN-healthy” – six-figure income. This high-pressure experience led Alex to create a direct sales organisation that grew quickly to an annual turnover of £10m+.
In seeking to bolster his troops, he became a voracious reader of American motivational books. He set out to discover what it would take to produce that little extra? What was ’the difference that makes the difference’? How could he create a strategy to optimise the motivation of his people and, in turn, boost the performance and profitability of his business?
MacPhail was particularly drawn to the work of two American ’gurus’ – Anthony Robbins and Dr Stephen Covey (“The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People”) – both huge in the States at the time but largely unknown in the UK. Alex was so convinced that British audiences would benefit from their material that he visited them in the United States and acquired exclusive licences to bring them to the UK. This resulted in Alex promoting a series of mammoth events to sell-out audiences of up to 3,000 people.
Alex’s close association with Covey and Robbins led him to create his own training company to make this kind of material available – and palatable – to the UK corporate marketplace. This he has achieved with dramatic success, as the company he co-founded now works with some 300 UK companies and around 40,000 delegates a year.
Alex MacPhail describes his work as “Attitude and behavioural training” and he shares his unique knowledge and experience through high-energy and amusing motivational keynote speeches, which he delivers at upwards of 100 events a year.
Alex MacPhail describes his philosophy as follows:-
“The key question is this: What is the difference between the top 10% of performers in your company and the remaining 90%? The answer, I believe, has very little to do with technical skill, or core abilities, but it has a lot to with their mental attitude. My goal is to equip the 90% with the positive attitudes and empowering beliefs that distinguishes the peak performers, and the leadership skills to be able to communicate them to their teams.”
The Difference That Makes The Difference:
Have you ever had a really great day – when the traffic flows smoothly and all of your appointments run on time; when you close the “big deal” and secure the promotion; when clients pay their bills and the cheques arrive early? Aren’t you the lucky one.
In contrast, have you ever hit a slippery down-slope – when your boss pushes you to breaking point and the “big deal” falls apart before your eyes; when the baby just won’t settle or the putts just won’t drop? For times like this it would be useful if we had a little something in reserve – a small stockpile of resourcefulness and resilience to keep us UP when the chips are DOWN.
But this isn’t about motivation. Motivation isn’t the problem. We have the motive, what we lack is the inclination. During this session the delegates will experience what is required to control the way we respond, not only to the challenges of the day, but to opportunities in the future.
The benefits to the delegates are as follows:
- Identify the Key attributes of top performers in your specialist field.
- Distinguish your own peak performance strategies.
- Discover how to reproduce your best days, consistently.
- Understand how to break through obstacles and boost personal & team success.
- Experience how to create the energy to perform under pressure – instantly.
- Adopt winning behaviour – to inspire yourself & others to take action.